Giving homemade food to your cats from time to time is a pleasurable experience for both you, the cook, and your cat, who surely loves fresh and healthy food. Cooking for your cat will also help you to understand your cat’s nutritional requirements and preferences.
Of course, you should be careful of the foods you incorporate in its diet. As such, you should make sure that the product you give it is both high quality and suited to the animal.
In this article, we will guide you in every step of the way so that you can create a special diet for your pet which it will be able to enjoy for several days. Read on to start making homemade food for cats; in this case, a fish recipe.
How to cook a homemade fish recipe for cats
As we all know, fish is widely loved by cats, and is also a source of vitamins, omega 3 and omega 6. Remember that you should always use good quality, natural and fresh products to avoid causing any sort of problem for your pet’s digestive system. Follow this simple recipe to make your pet happy.
What ingredients do I need?
- 500 grams of fish (such as tuna or salmon)
- 100 grams of peeled shrimp and mussels
- 100 grams of pumpkin
- 75 grams of rice
- A little bit of beer yeast
- Two eggs
Step-by-step guide for making the homemade fish recipe:
- Boil the rice and the pumpkin together.
- Boil two eggs in a separate saucepan and crush them up once they are cooked. Include the shell, as this is ideal for extra calcium intake.
- Cook the prawns and mussels for a short time in a non-stick pan, without using any oil.
- Cook the fish the same way and cut into small pieces.
- Mix all the ingredients together: the diced fish, prawns, mussels, boiled pumpkin, chopped eggs and the rice. Use your hands to help mix it all together.
Once the homemade fish recipe is complete, you’ll be able to store it in the freezer in tupperware or plastic bags, which will give you enough to last for a few days.
If you intend on only feeding your cat homemade meals, pay a visit to your vet so that they can give you suggestions for the types of food you should vary and include in your pet’s diet. This way, your cat will not suffer from any dietary shortages. If, on the other hand, you want to give it home-cooked meals only once in a while, it will be fine for you to alternate this food with cat food.